News & Info


What is Gift Aid?

Gift Aid is a simple way to increase the value of your gift to Greater Reading Nepalese Community

Association (GRNCA) - at no extra cost to you. If you pay tax in the UK, GRNCA can reclaim the basic

rate tax (25%) on your gift. So, if you donate £100, it is worth £125 to GRNCA.

Do I qualify for Gift Aid?
In order for GRNCA to reclaim the tax you have paid on your donations, you must have paid income
or capital gains tax (in the UK) for each tax year (6 April to 5 April) at least equal to the tax that all the
charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs that you donate to will reclaim on your gifts for that tax
year. Other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify.
How do I sign up to Gift Aid?
The process is nice and simple - all you need to do is make a Gift Aid declaration. The easiest way is
when donating online, tick the Gift Aid box on the donation form.

Another quick way to sign up to Gift Aid is by completing a form online: <ADD WEBSITE LINK FOR GRNCA GIFT AID DECLARATION>  APPENDIX 1 For what should be there on the Declaration

Alternatively, contact us on Tel: 07737706152  and we can set up a declaration over the phone or email us on  and we will post a form out to you. Alternatively, you can download form from her <ADD URL for Downloading form> and either post to below address or email scanned copy of filled form to Appenddix 2 : Refer the attachment on Appendix 1.

What does the Gift Aid declaration commit me to?

Nothing! It just ensures that if you choose to donate to GRNCA, we can claim an extra 25% back from the government.

What is a Gift Aid declaration?

A Gift Aid declaration is a statement by an individual taxpayer that they want a charity to receive the tax paid on their donation back from the government.

How long does the declaration last for?

To simplify matters for both you and GRNCA, the declaration wording normally covers present, future and past donations. We can back-claim four years and we will continue to claim until you tell us otherwise, so long as you are eligible.

What do I do if my tax status changes or I want to cancel my declaration?

To let us know if you stop paying tax or wish to cancel your declaration, you can either:

  • Complete our online form < Add URL Similar to below  > SEE APPENDIX 2  for Gift Aid Declaration f
  • Contact Supporter Relations on

Can I claim Gift Aid on the funds I have raised?

To claim Gift Aid on your fundraising, we must have the first name or initials, last name, full home address and postcode of each individual donor/sponsor. So please encourage them to tick the Gift Aid box on your sponsorship form when they sponsor you. Without these details we legally can't claim Gift Aid - so be strict with your supporters!